About Basic Spreadsheet
Duration: 2 Month(s)
THIS MODULE ALLOWS CANDIDATES TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF SPREADSHEETS AND TO DEMONSTRATE AN ABILITY TO USE A SPREADSHEET TO PRODUCE ACCURATE WORK OUTPUTS.
ON COMPLETION OF THIS MODULE THE CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats.
- Choose built-in options, such as the Help function, within the application to enhance productivity.
- Enter data into cells; use good practice in creating lists.
- Select, sort and copy, move and delete data.
- Edit rows and columns in a worksheet.
- Copy, move, delete, and appropriately rename worksheets.
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions; use good practice in formula creation; recognise error values in formulas.
- Format numbers and text content in a spreadsheet.
- Choose, create, and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Adjust spreadsheet page settings.
- Check and correct spreadsheet content before finally printing spreadsheets.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
- Covers the key skills needed to use spreadsheets.
- Can be applied to a range of spreadsheets software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective spreadsheets software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.